We are looking for a Compliance Manager to play a critical role in advising the business to carry out all tasks and transactions in compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations. Reporting to the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will assume a leading role in shaping regulatory compliance for our BNPL business across multiple Asian markets. You’ll have no qualms rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands dirty and be comfortable wearing multiple hats.
Your key function is to create and foster a culture of compliance in all ongoing activities and markets of the company. You will not only be deeply involved in the implementation of compliance programmes relating to financial services but be exposed to other regulatory affairs, including data protection. Some key day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Surveying and keeping abreast of regulatory developments within Pace’s business activities across various Asian markets.
- Establish and execute a best-in-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of our regulatory architecture to identify and prevent compliance risks.
- Collaborating with the Finance and Customer Support functions to drive our day-to-day regulatory activities, including the administration of KYC/AML review over our individual customers and merchant partners.
- Running point on our regulatory licence applications across various Asian markets.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of our regulatory architecture
- Provide advice and guidance to employees on the company’s compliance framework which include policies and procedures relating to anti-bribery & corruption, data protection and conflicts of interest.
- Ensure all employees comply with the company’s internal compliance policies.
- To assist in investigation and reporting for any breaches of law and regulations where appropriate and follow up on resolutions.
- Around 5 years of relevant experience in the regulatory compliance space, preferably with fintech, banking or financial institutions. It will be a big plus if you also have a legal background, such as holding a legal diploma or law degree or have experience performing paralegal functions.
- Experience working in an environment with multiple regulators across various jurisdictions having different reporting and compliance requirements.
- Supporting compliance functions in communication with regulators, such as preparing regulatory notifications and coordinating internal cross-functional data for responses to regulators.
- Played a key role or built a compliance function from the ground up in the past.
- Managed and played an active role in applying for and/or administering multiple payment licences across multiple geographies.
- Deep knowledge of local financial services regulations such as the Singapore Payment Services Act and other similar or applicable regulations in other regional Asian markets.
- Skilled operator in crafting, executing, updating and monitoring compliance frameworks, policies, protocols and reporting.
You can also email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org - looking forward to hearing from you soon.